I’m sharing 5 of my favorite simple and low-cost business growth tactics. My hope is that you use one or all of these to spark new growth at your business, or if nothing else, draw inspiration from them in order to come up with similar ideas that better align with your business and your goals.
Here are 5 low-cost ways to spark growth at your small business:
- Offer loyalty discounts - Launching a loyalty program might cost some money in the beginning, but once you have it in place, your customers will likely end up spending more and visiting you more often than they might have before you had anything in place.
- Hire an intern - If you need to spend more time on customer service, launching that new website, or improving upon products, it might be beneficial to hire a high school or college student who can help pick up the slack in other areas, or one who has experience in a particular area you need help with (like web design, for example).
- Offer a free seminar, product demo, or tasting - Offering free education or product samples to others is another great way to build a reputation for yourself and your business. It’s also a great way to connect with people who might be interested in doing business with you.
- Work on the front lines for a day - A little “hands on” experience never hurt anyone. If you’re wondering why your customers aren’t buying a certain product or staying longer at your business, work the front lines for a day (get on the sales floor, bus some tables, work the cash register, etc.). If you spend all day in the back office running the numbers, fulfilling orders, dealing with HR issues, and making the work schedule, this might not seem possible.
- Make someone’s day - Sometimes the smallest act of kindness can make the biggest impact. Try to think of an inexpensive way to make someone’s day better. It might not lead to instant business, but as they say, “what goes around comes around!”
If you’re stuck in a rut, the best way to spark business growth is to try something new. I hope these suggestions get the wheels turning!